Every now and then I stumble across a great list of resources which I just have to grab and save elsewhere. Today I found a full list of professional podcast video production equipment & software and wanted to share it with people here. This list came from the good people at the Elegant Themes site which they use on their Divi Nation videos & interviews.
I appreciate that you might not need all this gear, but you can at least check off the ones you do have and explore something to improve your workflow in future. Note: All links are ‘clean’ with no affiliate or tracking IDs attached:
- Scrivener for scripts https://www.literatureandlatte.com/scrivener.php
- Skype for interviews: https://skype.com/
- Ecamm Call Recorder for interview recordings: http://ecamm.com/mac/callrecorder/
- Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920 for call recording and webcam segments: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006JH8T3S/
- Canon XA20 Professional Camcorder for segment videos: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00C3R16O2/
- iPad Teleprompter for segment videos: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008NPBEJA/
- LimoStudio Light Kit w/ Backdrop for lighting: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00P9JX3AG/
- Screenium for screencasting: http://www.syniumsoftware.com/screenium
- Rode Procastor mic for interview audio: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001IPUJJI/
- Zoom H6 for segment audio: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DFU9BRK/
- Adobe Audition for audio editing: https://www.adobe.com/products/audition.html
- Adobe After Effects CC 2015 for motion graphics: https://www.adobe.com/products/aftereffects.html
- Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015 for video editing: https://www.adobe.com/products/premiere.html
- Blubrry PowerPress for podcasting from WordPress: https://wordpress.org/plugins/powerpress/
What do you think of this list? Is it out of date or have you found something which is much better for half the price? Leave a comment and share your knowledge with everyone else. I recommend bookmarking this page just incase you need it in future.
BTW: did you know that commenting on blog posts is a key way you can increase your organic SEO? Completing a comment allows you to insert your name and website address which Google can use to index the traffic back to your website. It also allows more people to discover you off the back of your great reply and pay you more attention. Google loves that.
I recommend copying this SEO tip and adding it to the bottom of all your blog posts (past and present). That way, everyone can benefit 🙂
Photo by Jonathan Velasquez on Unsplash
1 thought on “Professional Podcast Video Production Equipment & Software”
Thanks Mark. I’m quite new to podcasting and recently decided to put more efforts into mine. Clients had started asking why I had stopped – so a good nudge to commit more thoroughly! I’ve bought the Rode Podcaster you listed above and a sound engineer friend last week, has said it’s a corker. He recommended I partner it with a pop shield and sound booth – both of which are low cost and easily accessible – in order to ensure stronger quality input and reduce background noises/echo. Over the next few weeks I’m going to set them up and get started. Using GarageBand as the software freely available on my Mac. I’ll have a closer look at the other stuff you’ve listed. Cheers.